“Rely on memory to match cards that have pictures of heritage items, such as clogs or tingkat, and food items, such as kueh tutu.”
“Crowdfunded card game meant for elderly receives over 200 orders in two months”
“Caregivers can tap on the long-term knowledge of persons with dementia by engaging them in familiar activities and things they can identify with such as from their childhood"
“She received an enthusiastic response from the elderly she has played the game with…they were able to recognise some of the heritage items fondly.”
“With the funding from the campaign, Ms Goh hopes to create more activities in which the elderly can be engaged independently to relieve caregivers of some burden.”
“And now, there’s a super cute way to engage persons with dementia.”
“It invokes positive memories and helps bring us closer to our elderly loved ones.”
“26 year-old comes up with initiative to plug gap in home-based activities."
"The card game is a tool for people to engage their elderly loved ones. Such interaction helps keep them happy and slow down brain degeneration"
- Lessons from ASEAN students on ageingCaregivingLast week, the Singapore University of Social Sciences (SUSS) asked me to do a sharing on Play […]
- “Kong simi wei?!” You need to learn dialect. Here’s how.Caregiving, Game ideasDialects are an integral part of Singapore culture: Singlish is a mesh-up of the various dialects […]
- 6 Time-saving Apps Caregivers Can Use for Peace of MindCaregiving, Game ideasKeith’s mum and his late grandmother In April 2011, my grandmother fell and broke her hip. […]
- Just make them laughCaregiving, Game ideasAging is tough. We need to find ways to bring joy back to our seniors. Last week, my grandma had […]
- It is time to engage your grandparents. Here’s howCaregiving, Game ideasSarah and her grandma Living with my grandma all my life has many advantages. I get delicious […]